1. All topics must relate to the history of the City of Lakewood, Colorado.
2. An entry must be an original essay by the person(s) in whose name(s) the entry is submitted. The author’s name(s) should appear only on the title page with addresses and phone numbers. Only the title may appear on subsequent pages.
3. An entry shall be no more than 3,000 words. Endnotes, footnotes, credits and/or bibliography, which are required, shall be in addition.
4. The contest is open to all interested persons in the following categories:
- Youth, age 19 and under.
- Adults, age 20 and above.
5. An entry must be typed on 8-1/2 x 11 paper, double spaced, one-sided, numbered consecutively with one-inch margins and held together by paper or binder clips, no staples.
6. Historic and or recent photos and illustrations are encouraged with the entry. Photos and illustrations must be submitted on photo paper, and include the approximate date the photo was taken or the illustration was created.
7. The author(s) must include a one paragraph biography with the entry.
8. An entry must be accompanied by a completed and signed entry form.
9. By submitting an entry, the writer(s) give the Lakewood Historical Society, Inc. permission to publish it in the Lakewood Historian, and/or other publications of the Society.
10. Entries must be submitted by May 15, 2012.
Each entry will be judged without the name(s) of the author(s) by a panel of well-qualified judges whose decisions will be final. All entrants will be notified of winners by July 1, 2012. Entrants will be honored by the Lakewood Historical Society, Inc., at an appropriate event.
- Youth: 1st Prize - $300, 2nd Prize - $200;
- Adult: 1st Prize - $300, 2nd Prize - $200
For more information call Marian Metsopoulous, 303-233-3050
Additional copies of these essay Contest Rules and Entry Forms may be obtained at www.historiclakewood.org.
Download the entry form here >>
For inquiries: call Marian Metsopoulous at 303-233-3050
For submissions: Marian Metsopoulos, The Lakewood Historical Society, Inc., 2055 Union Drive
Lakewood, CO 80215