Together with Munce Group and Thomas Nelson, Inc., WestBow Press is seeking writers who exemplify our mission to share Christian morals, inspirational themes and family values. We will be accepting electronic submissions from March 15, 2012, until 11:59 p.m. EST on June 15, 2012. It's free to enter and there are no obligations to purchase. Submit your own original manuscript for the chance to win a range of Christian publishing opportunities.
Thomas Nelson, Inc. will review one grand-prize-winning manuscript and consider it for publication. The grand-prize winner will receive:
- Either publication with Thomas Nelson or a free Bookstore Advantage publishing package from WestBow Press.
- Munce catalog and promotional opportunities
- Author interview in the Munce MTL Magazine
- Book placement in the MTL online bookstore
- BookSneeze submission for book reviews
- Book promotion services from WestBow Press
The grand-prize winner will be announced on July 15, at the 2012 International Christian Retail Show in Orlando, Fla. All winners and finalists will also be announced on our website.
You may enter the Munce Group 2012 Writing Contest by completing the steps listed at www.westbowpress.com/MunceContest.aspx anytime during the submission period. Only one manuscript submission is permitted per entrant. Any entrant who submits multiple entries will be disqualified.
The submissions period begins on March 15, 2012. The deadline to submit an entry for the contest is 11:59 PM EST on June 15, 2012.
There are no entry fees, no subsidy payments and no purchases of any kind required to enter and/or win the contest. WestBow Press and Munce Group reserve the right to declare any entry ineligible if it is determined that the entry is not in accordance with the terms stated in WestBow Press’s Editorial Standards or in the Official Terms and Conditions.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- All writers of previously unpublished full-length books — fiction or nonfiction — of any genre and subject manner are eligible to enter.
- All entrants must submit an original and completed manuscript.
- Picture books and children’s books will not be considered. However, young adult novels are acceptable.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or provide parental consent.
- Employees of Munce Group, Thomas Nelson, Inc. and WestBow Press are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Only one submission per entrant will be accepted.
- Each submitted manuscript must contain a minimum of 10,000 words (or be able to fill a 48-page, 5 by 8 inch book)
- Each submitted manuscript must be completed in a single Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Each submitted manuscript must be written in English
- All content should be consistent with WestBow Press’s Editorial Standards
PRIZES FOR THE CONTEST
Entries are judged based on the context, originality, characterization, artistic quality and the adherence to WestBow Press’s Editorial Standards.
One Grand-Prize winner will receive:
- At the sole discretion of Thomas Nelson, Inc., publication of the winning entry by Thomas Nelson, Inc.; or if Thomas Nelson declines to publish the winning entry, the Grand-Prize winner will receive a FREE Bookstore Advantage publishing package with WestBow Press
- Author Video Interview
- Author interview in the Munce MTL magazine
- Winning title will be available in the MTL online bookstore
- Inclusion in the Munce catalog and promotion through Munce stores during the 2012 holiday season (providing the title is live)
- BookSneeze submission for book reviews
- WestBow Press website homepage placement during month of publication
The Grand-Prize winner will be announced at the 2012 International Christian Retail Show in Orlando, Fla.
One First-Place winner will receive: A FREE Pro Format publishing package with WestBow Press
One Second-Place winner will receive: A 50% discount on a Bookstore Advantage publishing package
The remaining Round-Two finalists will receive: A 20% discount on any of the following WestBow Press publishing packages: Pro Format, Bookstore Advantage, Online Platform, Video Plus, Speakers Platform or Video Premier
HOW TO ENTER
Step One: Complete the Entry Form
Enter by completing the registration form located on our contest sign-up page.
After registering for the Munce Group Writing Contest, you will receive an email within the next two business days outlining the steps you need to take in order to complete your contest entry. If you do not receive entry details within the allotted time, please contact us.
Step Two: Submit Your Entry
Email your original and completed manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the submission guidelines below, and remember, only one manuscript submission is permitted per entrant; any entrant who submits multiple manuscripts will be disqualified (please thoroughly review the Official Terms and Conditions to ensure that you are eligible and will not be disqualified).
To complete your entry for the Munce Group 2012 Writing Contest, please carefully follow these guidelines*:
- The manuscript you submit must contain a minimum of 10,000 words (or be able to fill a 48-page, 5 by 8 inch book)
- Your manuscript must be double-spaced, formatted in Times New Roman font and contained in a single Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Your name should be clearly listed as a header on each page of your manuscript submission
- You must email your manuscript and entry information to email@example.com by 11:59 PM EST on June 15, 2012
- In the subject line of the email, type "Munce Group 2012 Writing Contest (YOUR FULL NAME)"
- In the body of the email, include:
- Entrant’s full name
- Entrant’s physical mailing address (P.O. Box will not be accepted)
- Entrant’s phone number
- Entrant’s email address (if different from the one from which the submission is being sent)
- The title of the manuscript being submitted
- The document containing your manuscript submission must be included as an attachment to the email (do not paste it in the body of the email).
* Entries that fail to meet these contest requirements may not be considered.
Once you've submitted your entry, you will receive a confirmation message verifying your manuscript was received and your contest submission is complete. Due to the volume of submissions, please be aware that email confirmation may take up to two business days.
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: Fill out the contest sign-up page here then send your entries to email@example.com