Deadline: 4 May 2012
The Miami Writer’s Prize 2012 is open for submissions.
ARTLURKER, a Miami based online publication for the contemporary arts, is proud to announce it is accepting submissions for the third year of the Miami Writer’s Prize, an annual prize that aims to encourage residents of Miami to write about contemporary art and foster accountability for contemporary art discourse through reinforcement of the blogging format.
Eligible entrants may submit one original review of a recent art-related event. The winner, in addition to having their entry published on ARTLURKER.com, will receive an honorary stipend of $800 dollars in return for an eight-post placement as a Guest Blogger on ARTLURKER.com.
This year’s prize is funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and artist Carlos Betancourt, sponsored by Locust Projects and judged by a panel of preeminent writers/web publishers – Hrag Vartanian (HYPERALLERGIC), Hunter Braithwaite (THEREISNOTHERE), Noah Becker (WHITEHOT MAGAZINE) and Paddy Johnson (ARTFAGCITY).
The winner will be announced via www.artlurker.com on May 18th, 2012.
A soiree in their honor will be held at Locust Projects (3852 North Miami Avenue) on May 24th, 2012.
To qualify, entrants must:
• Be over 18 years of age and reside in Miami Dade county
• Have had no more than three pieces of their art writing published in a print publication (previous online publication, except for on ARTLURKER.com, is permitted)
• Email one previously unpublished review of a recent art related event, approximately 800 words in length to email@example.com
Entries must be submitted:
• As a Word (.doc) attachment
• In English (translations are accepted, but this must be acknowledged)
• Without images
GUEST BLOGGING REQUIREMENTS:
• Posts must be art related
• Author must have first hand experience if writing a review of a recent exhibition or event
For inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions: email@example.com