Deadline: 15 August 2012
Designed for 6- to 12-year-olds, Pockets magazine offers wholesome devotional readings that teach about God’s love and presence in life. The content includes fiction, scripture stories, puzzles and games, poems, recipes, colorful pictures, activities, and scripture readings. Freelance submissions of stories, poems, recipes, puzzles and games, and activities are welcome. The magazine is published monthly (except in February).
POCKETS ANNUAL FICTION CONTEST
Entries are received beginning March 1 and must be postmarked no later than August 15.
• Please indicate FICTION CONTEST on both the outside envelope and the cover sheet.
• There is no set theme and no entry fee.
• Stories should be 750–1,000 words. (Stories shorter than 750 words or longer than 1,000 words will be disqualified.)
• Please include an accurate word count on your cover sheet.
• Multiple submissions are permitted, but please submit only your best work.
• Past winners are ineligible.
• The winner will be announced November 1.
• Award: $500 and publication in the magazine.
• Entries with an SASE will be returned.
• If you have questions, visit our website at pockets.upperroom.org or write to us.
For submissions: Send all manuscripts with SASE to Lynn W. Gilliam, Editor, P. O. Box 340004, Nashville TN 37203-0004. Do not send submissions via fax or e-mail.