Deadline: 31 May 2012
Join a longstanding East Tennessee literary tradition and enter the 2012 KWG Literary Contest! You can now begin submitting entries in six categories. The deadline for entries is midnight May 31.
The following guidelines apply to all KWG contests:
1.Contests are open to all individuals above the age of 18 with the following exceptions: Members of the KWG board of directors and contests committee may not submit entries to KWG competitions. Previous first prizewinners are barred from the contest they won for one year. Also, see Specific Guidelines under Young Writer’s Prize for exceptions to that contest.
2. Use black type on white paper with 12 point Times New Roman or Courier fonts. Set your margins to one inch, and do not justify. Please remember to double-space your line, not single or triple, but double.
3 Contestants may enter more than one contest simultaneously. Please see each contest’s Specific Guidelines regarding multiple submissions.
4. All submissions must be postmarked or emailed before midnight May 31, 2012.
5. Winners and runners-up will be announced in a timely manner. Include SASE to receive a list of winners or check out the KWG website.
6. Include a cover sheet with each entry, clearly designating the contest you are entering. Include your name, address, phone number and email address (optional) on cover sheets only. A cover sheet must accompany each entry. Do not put name or other identifying information on the entries themselves. They will be coded, by number, for judging. No previously published works. Yes, you can send your submissions by email as a Microsoft Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the title of your work to identify the attachment or via Submishmash.
7. Manuscripts will not be returned; keep copies.
8. See below for descriptions of individual contests, deadlines, and any specific rules for a particular contest.
9. Prizes: First Prize - $100, Second Prize - $50, Third Prize - $25.
11. No one person may win multiple prizes in a single category.
12. By submitting to the contest, in consideration for any and all compensation or prizes, writer grants Knoxville Writers’ Guild first publication rights to first place, second place, third place, and honorable mention works. Writer retains all other rights.
Enter as many of the following contests as you wish:
THE KWG AWARD FOR FICTION (in memory of the late Knoxville author, Leslie Garrett)
Fee: There is no fee for entering this contest.
1. Entry consists of one short story totaling no more than 3,000 words each.
2. Only one entry per contestant.
3. Please, include the word count on the cover sheet. See General Guidelines.
For inquiries: write to “Contests” at PO Box 10326, Knoxville, TN 37939 or contact the Contests Coordinator at email@example.com
For submissions: submit via submishmash or send to firstname.lastname@example.org; and if you must send by mail, send to The KWG Award for Fiction, Awards Office, The Knoxville Writers’ Guild, P.O. Box 10326, Knoxville, TN 37939
Free to enter, 2012 Knoxville Writers' Guild Award for Fiction, top prize: $100
13 April 2012Free to enter, 2012 Knoxville Writers' Guild Award for Fiction, top prize: $100
Labels: free writing contests