We are a Speculative Fiction market. Speculative means genres like Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Fear, Steampunk, Alternate Worlds, Sword and Sorcery, Urban Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, and any other similar trope. We also publish some Romance, but usually in conjunction with some speculative element. Starting July 2012, we will be publishing one genre anthology per quarter.
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2012 HORROR/FEAR/DARK FANTASY ANTHOLOGY
- Title: The Evil Inside
- Theme: Stories that instill a feeling of dread or foreboding. Something evil is contained, but someone releases it by accident. Feel free to explore different avenues. Is evil contained in an abandoned factory? How about a shoebox at the top of Grandma’s closet, or the new kid on the block? How does it get released, and what happens thereafter.
- Submission period is March 27, 2012 through June 15, 2012
- Publication date is October 1, 2012
- Authors submit only one story per anthology
- Stories must be from 500 to 4,500 words.
- We are expecting a six-week notification window
- Query after eight weeks
- Unpublished works paid $25, reprints $15.
- Accepting four dark poems, minimum 15 lines. Pays $10.
- One year exclusive world rights, non-exclusive thereafter.
- Print and digital versions will be produced. Contributors will receive a digital copy.
- See our general guidelines for details. Payment within 30 days of publication by check.
For submissions: submit online here