- ENTRY FEE: NO FEE.
- COPYRIGHT: All story rights remain the property of the author.
- GENRE: Fiction and / or Non-Fiction (please do NOT submit work targeted at children).
- WORD COUNT: up to 5,000 words.
- ELIGIBILITY: Writers with original fiction and / or creative non-fiction who are over the age of eighteen and HAVE NOT published professionally are eligible. Staff members and featured guest artists (such as Jim Crace) are NOT eligible.
- SUBMISSIONS: You may submit in BOTH categories. You may also make MULTIPLE submissions. However, each contestant is only eligible for ONE prize. (If you win Fiction, you may NOT win Non-Fiction or the runner-up prize in either category.) Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but it is YOUR responsibility to inform us if accepted elsewhere.
- RUNNER-UP: A runner-up will be awarded for BOTH Fiction and Non-Fiction.
- SEMI-FINALIST: ALL semi-finalists will be published in LITERNATIONAL.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Winners will be announced by THANKSGIVING.
1. By submitting to the Contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all Contest rules.
2. All entries must be original works, written in English. Plagiarism–the use of third-party poetry, song lyrics, characters or another author’s setting, without written permission–will result in disqualification.
3. Extreme vi0lence (gore), descriptive s3xual situations (er0tica) and excessive pr0fanity, determined by the judges, will result in disqualification.
3. Entries must be works of fiction or non-fiction up to 5,000 words in length. We cannot consider poetry, or works intended for children.
4. The Contest is open only to those who have not professionally published a novel or short novel, or more than one novelette, or more than three short stories, in any medium. Professional publication is deemed to be payment and at least 5,000 copies (or 5,000 hits).
5. There will be four (4) cash prizes:
- Fiction First Prize of $500
- Non-Fiction First Prize of $500
- Fiction Second Prize of $250
- Non-Fiction Second Prize of $250
Cash prizes awarded in U.S. dollars or the recipient’s locally equivalent amount. Winners will NOT receive trophies.
6. To be eligible, an entry must be received electronically no later than midnight EASTERN TIME (i.e. New York City time) on August 15th, 2012.
7. All entries are final. No revisions are accepted.
8. Semi-Finalists will be chosen by the Editors of Liternational and published in liternational.com. Finalists will be judged by a professional GUEST author (TBD). The decisions of the judges are entirely their own and are final.
9. Winners will be individually notified of the results by email.
10. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
For submissions: register here and follow the submission procedures here