The PHJC Ministry Center, as an intergenerational living and learning center, is a community of individuals who create an environment of mutual exchange across generational lines. We intentionally and mutually invite and encourage one another to live community in a sustainable, creative and spiritual way.
Selected entries from this competition will be read and authors recognized at a reception at the PHJC Ministry Center in Donaldson, Indiana on Tuesday, September 18.
Below are the eligibility requirements and entry form:
Individuals of all ages living in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan are invited to enter.
- Only one entry per person.
- There is no specified theme. However, in staying with the shared values and key beliefs of the Poor Handmaids, entries that show or demonstrate disrespect to the sanctity of human life at any stage, race, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, status or ability, or contain vulgar and crude language, as determined by the panel of judges will not be accepted.
- Work entered in this competition must be original, submitted in English, unpublished and not have won a prize in any other competition.
- Entries should be typed,if possible, when sending through the mail.
- Authors should retain a copy of their work, as entries will not be returned.
- Accepted poems will be reviewed by an intergenerational panel of a minimum of five people, who will select recipients for the prizes.
- Additional recognition will be given, if so deemed, by the selection committee.
- Top Recognition is a Cash Award of $100 and certificate. Second Recognition receives $50 and Certificate. Third Recognition will receive $25 and Certificate. Honorable Mention will receive a Recognition Certificate.
- Our reception will be hosted by the PHJC Ministry Center on Tuesday, September 18 at 6:30 pm EST. During the reception our prize award winners will be announced and presented their awards. Recipients unable to attend or recite their poem will be recognized by the committee at the Reception.
ENTERING THE CONTEST:
Entries may be submitted in two ways:
- On-line through the Contest Entry Form
- Mail the entry and completed entry form to: PHJC ministry Center Poetry Contest, PO BOX 1, Donaldson, IN 46513
To maintain anonymity, the entrants name should appear on the entry form only, not on poems.
Entry form must include entrants name, address, phone number and poem title to be accepted.
Entries sent through the mail should be postmarked by June 15, 2012 or submitted on-line by the close of the day. Entries received after this date may not be considered for the competition.
For inquiries: contact Julie Dowd, PHJC Communications by phone at 574.936.9936 ext. 768
For submissions: enter via the contest entry form here