Deadline: 15 June 2012
Heritage Elizabethtown-Kitley is sponsoring an ESSAY CONTEST open to full-time students residing in Elizabethtown-Kitley who are 25 years or younger. The author of the winning essay will receive a cash award of $500 to further his or her education.
1) The submission must be an original essay about a person, place or event which was relevant to the history of Elizabethtown-Kitley. The events and activities should take place before 1945. Essays which deal with War of 1812 subject matter will be given special consideration.
2) The essay must be fully referenced and documented. Because the winning submission will be considered for publication, the judges will also consider both the writing style and presentation of the essay in addition to its historical accuracy, originality and general interest.
3) This essay must be typed and double-spaced and be between four and six pages in length. The font size shall be 12 point. A full bibliography and references must be provided on a separate page.
4) Three hard copies of the essay will be submitted unless the entrant submits the essay electronically. Entries become the property of Heritage Elizabethtown-Kitley and will not be returned. The decision of the judges is final. If, in the opinion of the judges, none of the submitted essays meets the criteria set out, then no winner will be declared.
5) Essays should be sent to the address below before June 15. Entries arriving after this date will not be accepted. The winner will be notified before August 15 and will be announced in the local press. The winner must agree to the publication of the winning essay under his or her name, however, publication is at the sole discretion of Heritage Elizabethtown-Kitley as is the means and times of publication
Submit to: Heritage Elizabethtown-Kitley Essay Contest Heritage Committee, Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley 6544 New Dublin Road Addison, ON K0E 1A0 email@example.com
For queries/ submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org (RE: Heritage essay contest)