(You still have 13 hours to submit your article. Sorry for the late notice.)
If you're a great content writer or expert at Search Engine Optimization, then here's your chance to win a share of US$15,000!! Write a high quality article about Freelancer.com and get it ranked highly in Google!
Here is how the competition works:
Step 1 - Choose an interesting topic within Freelancer.com to write about
Pick a topic to write your article on. The topic must have something to do with Freelancer.com and paint Freelancer in a positive light.
- Here are some suggested topics, which you are not limited to:
- How to make money as a freelancer
- How to build a business using freelancers
- How to effectively hire freelancers
- How to outsource effectively
- An outsourcing case study
Step 2 - Write a great article on the chosen topic
Write an article about the topic you have chosen. The article should be a complete and comprehensive guide on the topic. Explain the topic clearly and provide useful tips or advice on each part of the process.
Make sure your article is well structured and readable - add headings, bullet points and images to better convey your message.
The recommended word count is 1500-2000 words, although this should be based on what you think will best explain your chosen topic.
Step 3 - Get the content online!
Once you have written your awesome piece of content, it is now time to get it online. You can publish your article on your own site/blog or create an entirely new site dedicated to your chosen topic. (Choose a powerful domain that will help you rank).
Step 4 - Rank for the topic keyword
Pull out all your SEO skills and get your article ranking as high as possible for your chosen topic. Make sure your article is well optimized and still communicates the topic effectively. NO BLACK HAT strategies are allowed.
We really want to get a lot of awesome content created about Freelancer.com so we are giving away a whopping US$15,000 in the competition!! Here is the breakdown of all the prizes below:
- The best overall article will win US$10,000.
- 2nd prize - US$3000
- 3rd prize - US$2000
Your article will be judged on the following criteria:
- Quality of content - This refers to how well the content is written. Make sure your content flows well with no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Comprehensiveness & Effectiveness - The article which best communicates and explains the topic.
- Graphics and visual appeal - This refers to the graphics used and the overall look of the article. Make sure it is visually appealing and is well designed.
- SEO Rank - This refers to how well your article ranks for the chosen topic in search engines like Google.com
The key here is to create awesome high value content on a well optimized website. Feel free to build links to secure your rankings but remember NO BLACK HAT. Winners will be announced on 2 July 2012
- Your content must be original, unique and of high quality.
- You can enter as many articles as your like, each article must be on a single topic, each article must be on its own page with a distinct URL.
- You must show Freelancer.com in a good light
- You must not mention competitors of Freelancer.com
- Your article must not include anything illegal, unethical or immoral.
- Please state your username/s in the article
- No black hat strategies will be allowed
- We reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
- Further requirements
For submissions: submit your entries online