Deadline: 16 August 2012
Book Guild Publishing has teamed up with City Reads and is delighted to announce The City Reads & Book Guild Publishing Short Story Award. It is open to anyone and there is a fantastically generous prize of £1000.
The theme of the story is ‘The Lie’ and we are looking forward to being deluged with manuscripts!
1. The story must be on the theme of ‘THE LIE’ and not more than 3,000 words in length – but there is no minimum length.
2. Entrants must be over 18 and resident in the UK.
3. Entries must be in English and the original, unpublished work of the entrant.
4. Entrants can submit one story only.
5. Entries must be typed, double spaced on A4 paper, one side only. A covering sheet should list Title, Author and contact details (e-mail and phone number). The competitors name must not appear on the manuscript. (This is so that entries can be read anonymously) The title of the story must appear on the top of every page of the manuscript. Each page must be numbered.
6. Manuscripts will not be returned.
7. Entries made by e-mail will not be accepted.
8. The judges decision is final. No correspondence or discussion concerning the judges decision will be entered into.
9. No employee or ex-employee of either City Reads or Book Guild Publishing may enter.
10. Closing date for entries is Thursday 16th August.
11. All entries must sent to: Laura Lockington, Book Guild Publishing, Pavilion View, 19 New Road, Brighton BN1 1UF and be clearly marked on the front of the envelope ‘SHORT STORY’.
12. The winner alone will be notified by phone, email and be announced on Book Guild Publishing website (www.bookguild.co.uk) and will be presented with the £1000 cheque at an event during City Reads in October (date tbc).
For submissions: Laura Lockington, Book Guild Publishing, Pavilion View, 19 New Road, Brighton BN1 1UF