Deadline: 15 August 2012
The purpose of Pockets is to help children grow in their relationship with God and live as Christian disciples. It is written and produced for children and designed to help children pray and to see their faith as an integral part of their everyday lives. The magazine emphasizes that God loves us and that God’s grace calls us into community. It is through the community of God’s people that we experience that love in our daily lives.
Entries are received beginning March 1 and must be postmarked no later than August 15 for Pockets' Annual Fiction Contest.
• Please indicate FICTION CONTEST on both the outside envelope and the cover sheet.
• There is no set theme and no entry fee.
• Stories should be 750–1,000 words. (Stories shorter than 750 words or longer than 1,000 words will be disqualified.)
• Please include an accurate word count on your cover sheet.
• Multiple submissions are permitted, but please submit only your best work.
• Past winners are ineligible.
• The winner will be announced November 1.
• Award: $500 and publication in the magazine.
• Entries with an SASE will be returned.
• If you have questions, visit our website at pockets.upperroom.org or write to us.
SEND ALL MANUSCRIPTS WITH SASE TO:
Lynn W. Gilliam, Editor
P. O. Box 340004
Nashville TN 37203-0004
For submissions: Lynn W. Gilliam, Editor, P. O. Box 340004, Nashville TN 37203-0004