Deadline: 18 July 2012
uMthwakazi Review, a new online news publication is launching its first poetry competition as part of its engagement with its readers. We therefore invite submissions of poems in Ndebele or English. The deadline for submissions is the 18th of July 2012 midnight (UK time). Those who wish to take part in the competition are invited to read and follow the competition rules laid out below. We thank our readers in advance for participating.
1. The competition is open to anyone aged 17 or over at the time of entering.
2. The closing date of the competition is midnight (UK time), 18th July 2012.
3. There is a limit on the number of entries a single entrant can make (One entrant one entry).
4. Entries are submitted via uMthwakazi Review Contact Us Website section
5. If you would like confirmation that your entry has been received, please include your contact email in your entry.
6. Telephone confirmation of receipt of entries is not available.
7. uMthwakazi Review judges’ decision is final and uMR will not enter into any correspondence regarding the final decision.
8. uMthwakazi Review Team members will not enter into the competition.
RULES: NDEBELE OR ENGLISH POEMS
9. The poems must be in Ndebele or English language.
10. All poems must have a title and must not exceed 40 lines in length (excluding title). Entries can be on any subject.
11. Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
12. Entries must not have been published, self-published, published on a website or broadcast.
RULES: UMR POET WINNERS
13. Two Prizewinners will be notified by the end of August 2012.
14. First price is $150 and the Second Price is $50
15. The copyright of each poem remains with the author. However, authors of poems, by entering the competition, grant uMthwakazi Review the right to publish and/or broadcast their poem.
For submissions: via the contact form
Free to Enter: uMthwakazi Review's First Poetry Competition ($150 top prize | open to anyone aged 17 or over | no entry fee)
02 July 2012Free to Enter: uMthwakazi Review's First Poetry Competition ($150 top prize | open to anyone aged 17 or over | no entry fee)